Dr. Jan Fall
Administrator; Region 12; Belton ISD
Harker Heights, TX
Nancy Anderson, Katie Drake, Meredith Hairell, Diana Larson, Dr. Carol McGaughey, Angelica Perez, Debbie Roby, Jocelyn Williams, Phyllis Baum, Marilyn Swanson, JJ Colburn and Rose Sero
Structure and Responsibilities
TAGT Policy and Procedures call for Governance and Organizational Committees with the purpose of helping the Board do its job. Committees generally meet twice a year and are charged with providing a semi-annual report of their activities to the President of the Board. The Communications Committee is designated as an Organizational Committee.
Communications Committee Responsibilities
Committee responsibilities are:
- Solicit, review and disseminate information pertinent to the field of gifted education.
- Oversee awards process for published materials in the field of gifted education.
- Tempo Editor Board is a subcommittee of the Communications Committee, with the following responsibilities:
- Solicit, review, and disseminate information pertinent to the field of gifted education.
- Provide assistance and support to the editor of Tempo.
- One member of the Editorial Board serves on the Communications Committee.
- Limited to no more than seven members.
- The Tempo Editor is the Staff Liaison to the Editorial Board.
Communications Committee Structure
According to the Policies and Procedures the structure of this committee is:
- The President, with the advice of the Leadership Development Committee, shall appoint the chair of each Organizational Committee for a one-year term with the option to serve a second year.
- Each Organizational Committee will have an assigned Board liaison. The Board liaison is a non-voting member of the committee whose duties include advising and assisting the committee in achieving its charge.
- The incoming chair of each Organizational Committee, the Leadership Development Committee, and Board liaison, shall appoint the committee members. Committee members may not be members of the Board.
- Each committee shall include two representatives from odd-numbered regions and two representatives from even-numbered regions.
- Each committee shall have a vice chair and secretary elected by the committee members.