Barbara Cofer, Brenda Davis, Noel Heller, Sheila Mulbry, Audra Rowell, Debbie Rudderow, Dr. Debbie Troxclair, D’Lana Barbay, Marilyn Swanson, JJ Colburn and Tracy Weinberg
Structure and Responsibilities
TAGT Policy and Procedures call for Governance and Organizational Committees with the purpose of helping the Board do its job. Committees generally meet twice a year and are charged with providing a semi-annual report of their activities to the President of the Board. The Education Committee is designated as an Organizational Committee.
Education Committee Responsibilities
Committee responsibilities are:
- Annual Conference
- Select a Local Arrangement Sub-Committee to support the conference in the host area.
- Facilitate the planning of the theme and program for present and future annual conferences.
- Review the evaluation of the Annual Conference
- Develop and review on-line training.
- Monitor and review professional standards for gifted educators.
Education Committee Structure
According to the Policies and Procedures the structure of this committee is:
- The President, with the advice of the Leadership Development Committee, shall appoint the chair of each Organizational Committee for a one-year term with the option to serve a second year.
- Each Organizational Committee will have an assigned Board liaison. The Board liaison is a non-voting member of the committee whose duties include advising and assisting the committee in achieving its charge.
- The incoming chair of each Organizational Committee, the Leadership Development Committee, and Board liaison, shall appoint the committee members. Committee members may not be members of the Board.
- Each committee shall include two representatives from odd-numbered regions and two representatives from even-numbered regions.
- Each committee shall have a vice chair and secretary elected by the committee members.