Priscilla Lurz, Ex-officio
Northside ISD; Region 20
San Antonio, TX
Mary Ann Clark, Jan DeLisle, Rebecca King, Peggy Kress, Megan Woodburn, Dr. Keith Yost, Dr. Mary Christopher, Marilyn Swanson, JJ Colburn and Keri Kelley
Structure and Responsibilities
TAGT Policy and Procedures call for Governance and Organizational Committees with the purpose of helping the Board do its job. Committees generally meet twice a year and are charged with providing a semi-annual report of their activities to the President of the Board. The Finance Committee is designated as a Governance Committee.
Finance Committee Responsibilities
Committee responsibilities are:
- The Financial Committee functions as the Audit Committee and as such approves the contract for the annual external audit.
- Facilitate Board review of the Association financial reports.
- Receive and analyze the Annual Audit on behalf of the Board.
- Present the Annual Audit to the Board for acceptance.
- Inspect formally the financial records of the Association.
- Review and recommend association financial policies and operating guidelines, including investment policies and procedures for the Association.
- Review the proposed operating budget, providing input and recommendations before the budget is proposed to the Board for approval.
- Develop financial resources for the benefit of the Association.
- Develop sources of income streaming for the benefit of the Association.
Finance Committee Structure
According to the Policies and Procedures the structure of this committee is:
- The Secretary/Treasurer serves as chair.
- A minimum of four appointed members serve staggered two-year terms. Members must include both Board and non-board members.
- The committee members who are not currently on the Board shall have a background in business or financial affairs.