The deadline for submitting all TAGT scholarship applications has now passed. Thank you and good luck to all 2014 candidates! All applicants will be notified of their status by April 25.
The Laura Allard Future Vision Scholarship honors the first Executive Director of TAGT, who was instrumental in helping create the legislation that established laws that support gifted education. She was a teacher and principal in Corpus Christi ISD, serving as principal of Windsor Park Elementary School, one of the first magnet schools for gifted students in the state. This $2,500 scholarship is awarded to a graduating G/T high school senior who has demonstrated outstanding academic achievement, possesses a strong sense of purpose and clearly defined goals, and has a long-term plan for achieving these goals.
- One $2,500 award given annually
- For a graduating, gifted high-school senior towards college tuition
- Applicants must have outstanding academic achievement, possess a strong sense of purpose and clearly defined goals, and have a long-term plan for achieving these goals
K-12 Summer Enrichment Programs
(TAGT does not sponsor, endorse or produce any summer programs)
Laura Allard Future Vision Scholars
The 2013 Laura Adllard Future Vision Scholar is Carolyn Ramirez, graduating from Stephen F. Austin High School in Fort Bend ISD, who will be attending University of Texas at Austin.
- 2012: Amanda Quay, graduate of the Texas Academy of Mathematics and Science at the University of North Texas, attended Columbia University
- 2011: Michelle Geng, graduate of Glenda Dawson High School in Pearland ISD, attended Harvard University
- 2010: Ellen Liu, graduate of James E. Taylor High School in Katy ISD, attended Rice University
- 2009: Lindsey Maxon, graduate of Lamar High School in Arlington ISD, attended the University of Texas
- 2008: Mary Alexandra (Alex) Newton, graduate of Franklin High School in El Paso ISD, attended the University of Missouri-Columbia
- 2007: Michael Quian, graduate of Westwood High School in Round Rock ISD, attended Harvard University
TAGT is pleased to announce the 2013 TAGT Scholarship Winners (PDF)