Third Vice President; Region 11
Andrea Badot, Erin Barre Leonard, Phyllis Baum, Melody Crowther, Valerie Loft, Eugenia Rodgers, Stacia Taylor, Ellen Williams, Marilyn Swanson, Dr. Ned Moss, JJ Colburn and Casey Martinez
Structure and Responsibilities
TAGT Policy and Procedures call for Governance and Organizational Committees for the purpose of helping the Board do its job. Committees generally meet twice a year and are charged with providing a semi-annual report of their activities to the President of the Board. The Membership Involvement Committee is designated as an Organizational Committee.
Membership Involvement Committee Responsibilities
- Oversee the TAGT Awards process, including nominations, selection, and presentation.
- Provide innovative solutions to increasing Association membership.
- Serve as a liaison for the Association to parents of gifted and talented students, as well as others in the community at large.
- Promote the establishment of affiliates in every region.
- Provide assistance to ongoing affiliates.
Membership Involvement Committee Structure
- The President, with the advice of the Leadership Development Committee, shall appoint the chair of each Organizational Committee for a one-year term with the option to serve a second year.
- Each Organizational Committee will have an assigned Board liaison. The Board liaison is a non-voting member of the committee whose duties include advising and assisting the committee in achieving its charge.
- The incoming chair of each Organizational Committee, the Leadership Development Committee, and Board liaison, shall appoint the committee members. Committee members may not be members of the Board.
- Each committee shall include two representatives from odd-numbered regions and two representatives from even-numbered regions.
- Each committee shall have a vice chair and secretary elected by the committee members.