2015 TAGT Parent Conference/Summer Program Expo
In partnership with Round Rock ISD
Saturday, February 21, 2015
Walsh Middle School, Round Rock ISD
3850 Walsh Ranch Blvd
Round Rock, TX 78681
9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Registration: $29 for individual/$49 for pair
Three, 50-minute breakout sessions
Summer Program Expo: Free and open from 12:00 – 2:00 p.m.; set-up begins at 9:00 a.m.
Klein Parent Conference Materials
- Advocacy 101 for 2015 Parent Conference – Tracy Weinberg
- Credit by Exam for Acceleration – Cooper and Berrean
- College Planning Resource Guide – Kira Holt
- College Planning Begins Now, ppt – Kira Holt
- Early Readiness High School Graduation Option – Cooper and Berrean
- Exploring Gifted Adulthood – Angeleen French
- Finding Pots of Gold – Peers and the Gifted Child – Stacia Taylor
- Gifted and Bullied: Stories from Families – Pamela Price
- Gifted Children – A Work of Art – Pamela Johnson
- How to Homeschool Presentation – Pamela Price
- UT High School Brochure – Cooper and Berrean
- What Every Parent Needs to Know About College Readiness – Kira Holt
- Bob Yamtich Blog Posts
General Parent Conference Information
TAGT Parent Conferences are day-long or half-day conferences for parents of gifted children that focus on the critical issues and necessary skills for parenting gifted children. In many cases, TAGT holds parent conferences in conjunction with other TAGT or affiliated events; these events typically attract two to three hundred parents. Presentations focus on parenting strategies, meeting the social and emotional needs of gifted youth, educational enrichment and services and other relevant topics.
For more information on Parent Conferences call 512.499.8248.