A group of connected parents using their experience in guiding gifted children can accomplish much more than parents working alone. Whether united in advocacy or simply for mutual support, establishing a TAGT Parent Support Group (PSG) strengthens the benefits gifted education can have in homes, classrooms, school districts and even at the post-secondary level.
Active Parent Support Group (PSG) Membership Benefits
• Your local PSG website and contact information will be listed on the TAGT website. This will increase the visibility of your group for parents and other TAGT members.
• Active PSGs will designate a PSG leader to receive the benefits of a TAGT professional membership (typically the local group president)
• Individual membership discounts for TAGT Membership are extended to parent members in your local group
• Based on memberships, Parent Support Groups can earn complimentary TAGT conference registrations to be distributed depending on needs of the local group
• TAGT will provide active groups with a selection of Learning on Demand™ courses. One course will be made available with training guidelines and discussion topics for the PSG.
• An opportunity for a TAGT representative to attend one of your PSG meetings annually (topics and date will be coordinated with the PSG Representative)
• A representative of your group will receive a complimentary registration to the Annual TAGT Parent Conference, including an invitation to a special round table session with other PSG leaders from throughout the state. This meeting will take place on Friday, December 5th at 2:30 p.m.
• TAGT works on behalf of the gifted education community to increase statewide and local support for gifted and talented issues. TAGT provides PSGs with the tools to advocate on behalf of G/T education on the local level. Visit the TAGT program evaluation page for additional information and resources.
• TAGT monitors legislative activity and maintains relationships with state agencies in order to provide expert gifted education resources and input for policymakers. The PSG designee and other TAGT members receive legislative information regarding policy considerations and activities focused specifically on topics affecting gifted education.
Parent Group Membership Requirements
• Anyone may form a parent group. The group may choose to involve one or more schools or school districts.
• A written application with payment of $59 for the annual Parent Group Membership must be submitted to TAGT.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 512.499.8248.
*Individual benefits only apply to the designated PSG Leader and can be transferred in the event of change in leadership.