Deadline: All TAGT / Summer Mathematics applications must be submitted by mail and postmarked by February 25, 2015. All applicants will receive notification from TAGT no later than April 15 as to whether they have received a TAGT scholarship.
The Summer Mathematics Institute (SMI) is a 3-week residential program with an intense focus on mathematics. Students enroll in a single class and have the opportunity to complete one year of high school mathematics in this self-paced program. It is sponsored by the Texas Academy of Mathematics and Science at the University of North Texas. Those who win this scholarship have the chance to live on a college campus and meet other gifted students who share their passion for mathematics.
Thanks to the generosity of Summer Mathematics Institute, the Texas Association for the Gifted & Talented (TAGT) has awarded two full scholarships to the SMI program, valued at $2,250.
K-12 Summer Enrichment Programs
(TAGT does not sponsor, endorse or produce any summer programs)
- 2014: Saaketh Palchuru, who goes to Cockrill Middle School in McKinney ISD.
- 2014: Samuel Perales, who goes to Kelly Lane Middle School in Pflugerville ISD.
- 2013: Starlett Guel, Americas High School, Socorro ISD and Anna Kimata, Punahou School (Honolulu)
- 2012: Alonso Espinosa-Dominguez, St. Patrick Catholic School, Dallas and Aidan Young, Stony Point High School, Round Rock ISD
- 2011: Andrew Allen, Jarrell Middle School, Jarrell ISD and Dona Ngoc Nguyen, Thompson Middle School, Pasadena ISD
- 2009: Preetam Palchuru, Cockrill Middle School, McKinney ISD and Karan Kashyap, Staley Middle School, Frisco ISD
- 2008: Amy Chyao, Murphy Middle School, Plano ISD