The TAGT / Summer Mathematics application is now closed. All applicants will receive notification from TAGT no later than April 15 as to whether they have received a TAGT scholarship.
The Summer Mathematics Institute (SMI) is a 3-week residential program with an intense focus on mathematics. Students enroll in a single class and have the opportunity to complete one year of high school mathematics in this self-paced program. It is sponsored by the Texas Academy of Mathematics and Science at the University of North Texas. Those who win this scholarship have the chance to live on a college campus and meet other gifted students who share their passion for mathematics.
Thanks to the generosity of Summer Mathematics Institute, the Texas Association for the Gifted & Talented (TAGT) has awarded two full scholarships to the SMI program, valued at $2,250.
K-12 Summer Enrichment Programs
(TAGT does not sponsor, endorse or produce any summer programs)
- 2014: Saaketh Palchuru, who goes to Cockrill Middle School in McKinney ISD.
- 2014: Samuel Perales, who goes to Kelly Lane Middle School in Pflugerville ISD.
- 2013: Starlett Guel, Americas High School, Socorro ISD and Anna Kimata, Punahou School (Honolulu)
- 2012: Alonso Espinosa-Dominguez, St. Patrick Catholic School, Dallas and Aidan Young, Stony Point High School, Round Rock ISD
- 2011: Andrew Allen, Jarrell Middle School, Jarrell ISD and Dona Ngoc Nguyen, Thompson Middle School, Pasadena ISD
- 2009: Preetam Palchuru, Cockrill Middle School, McKinney ISD and Karan Kashyap, Staley Middle School, Frisco ISD
- 2008: Amy Chyao, Murphy Middle School, Plano ISD